Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

What do you need to trust God with?


       I have so many thoughts in my head.  I do not even know which one to start with.  What I do know is that God is doing a change in me.  He is redirecting my path or at least the path I thought I was on.  It all started on Wednesday.  I knew something was up because the things that normally bother me I was at total peace with.  This is not normal for me!  When I am upset about something, I am very vocal about it.  It is my way of dealing with it. 

       I was excited for Wednesday to come.  I was going to attend a new Life Group.  This group is just what I had been looking for.  A group of women that want a deep relationship with God and with each other.  The Holy Spirit guides them and they let Him have his way.  I knew that in the first 5 minutes this is where God wants me.  I need to be around women who desire God and the Holy Spirit so much that it is the focus of their lives.

       The other reason why I was excited for Wednesday is that is my favorite time to attend church.  Our church has a Praise and Prayer service that is amazing.  Our pastor is always telling us it is the most important service of the week and I have to agree with him.  When God's people come together to just praise Him and to be in prayer together things happen!  Well, this night was no exception.  The Holy Spirit was there and things were happening!  I attend a very large church.  Because of this, our Life Group always sits together.  At the end of the service, the pastor asked us all (everyone who was there) to come down to the alter to pray.  All of our life group who was there went down and prayed as a group.  We know that as a group, God is doing some amazing things and this was no exception.  We prayed together and then worshipped together.  It was awesome! 

       I need to digress...Before the service started I felt lead to go to the bookstore in the lobby of our church to find a book to read.  I do read my bible everyday but I felt the Lord telling me that I needed to go look.  At first, I did not find anything that I wanted to read.  I had not read a book cover to cover in a long time and I use to read three a week.  Between being a wife, mother and business owner I seem to not have time anymore.  Just when I was going to turn away, I caught a glimpse of a book I had not seen there before!  I do not know if it was because it was pink and had a nice white ribbon around it or what but I picked it up and started reading the back of the book.  The more I read the more intrigued I became.  The book is called "Warrior Chicks."  It is about rising strong, being beautiful and confident women to be warriors for God.  The amazing part was it came with two CD's.  One was the testimony of the author Holly Wager and the other was scriptures being read to music that were all about healing.  That is when I understood that I was not only to be a "Warrior" but I needed to be healed in order to do what God has called me to do.  You see, the last thing our pastor said to us on Wednesday night was that next Wednesday we were going to have a healing service at our church.  That is when our Life Group decided to fast and pray for healing. 

       You see, I have chronic renal failure.  I was born with just one working kidney and over the years, my good kidney has taken up the slack for the bad one.  Well, the right kidney is starting to fail.  It only functions at 22%.  When it hits 20%, I will have to go on dialysis.  Well let me tell you that this Warrior Chick is not ever going on dialysis.  I know what God has called me to do (that is for another blog post) and I know I will not be able to do it if I am sick.  I write all of this so that when my healing comes you will know it is a true miracle from God!  I believe that prayer works but I also believe it is all in God's timing.  No matter how hard or how long I pray, God knows when and how I will be healed.  It is all about faith.  Faith to know that God loves me so much that he wants only what is best for me!  Faith to know that I trust and love God so much that I only want His perfect will for my life!

       What do you need to trust God with today?  You marriage, healing, a new job?  Whatever it is, do not give up.  God wants only what is best for you!  He should know what is best He made you!

       Jeremiah 29:11 says

       For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

No comments:

Post a Comment