Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

No Resolutions Here!

Here it is January 1, 2012!  Another new year.  Normally I would be making my resolutions.  Resolutions to loose weight, read my bible more or do more.  This year I am not going to make any resolutions I am going to let God be the solution.

In just a few weeks I am heading to India.  When I asked God last year to stretch me and mold me I never thought he would send me to India but then I never know what God is going to ask me to do!  When I told others of God's plan they said "Oh my, they are killing Americans there" or "Don't drink the water or eat the food you will get sick."  I am not afraid of these things or going at all.  What I am afraid of is not going!  Of not answering God's call to go!  I am afraid that if I don't do this I will never be taken out of my comfort zone and stretched like never before! It would be so easy for me to give money to others who go but then I would not be able to see first hand the move of God!  I honestly have no idea of what will happen there but I do know that if I don't go I will stay stuck in  those resolutions I will not keep and life will go on the same!  I don't want to be the same!  I want to live life to the fullest!  To be a servant leader who will do all that God asks of me with love in my heart and a willingness to go and do whatever He has for me!  I also want to learn to say "no" to those things that will get me off track or will enable others not to trust in God or to depend on him.

This year I am turning 50 and I am embracing being a half of century old.  When most cringe at the thought of growing older I am excited for it!  I am excited for what is coming in the future!  I am excited to see my son graduate college and get married!  I am excited to see how homeschooling our youngest is growing him into a fine educated young man.  I am excited to see Briar Creek being built and along with it my husband and I jumping head first into the ministry God has for us!  So, no resolutions just living day to day in the fullness of what God has! 

Happy New Year!  2012 is going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment