Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

God is Calling...

I have had a stirring in my heart for sometime now.  I wasn't sure what it was with so much going on spiritually speaking I just thought it was the changes that I along with the other people that I know were going through!  Well this is where my story begins.  I am not sure how it will all turn out!  What I do know is that I must answer God's call....

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mike and I were sitting in church waiting for the service to start.  I told Mike my heart felt heavy and I didn't know why!  I knew that Pastor Joe was going to make an announcement after the service that would upset some people but I also knew that wasn't it.

As worship wound down, Pastor called the team who just got back from India to come up front and talk about their trip!  It was amazing.  These four guys where there for three weeks and in that small amount of time they were blessed to lead over 700 men, women and children to Christ!  It  wasn't until they showed a video of the people they had met that my heart just seemed to come out of my chest!  I started to shake and tears just poured out of my eyes.  As I looked into the faces of these women and children I knew that God was speaking to me in a powerful way.  They were holding a meeting right after service to see who God was calling to go on the next trip to India.  I told God no way.....I am going to Jamaica for missions not India!

As I  fought with God I told Him I would go to the meeting to be obedient but that was all!  So I went and was amazed at what the team told us!  One of the things that will stick in my mind until the day I die is men from India would rather be a dog in America then a man in India.  Dogs in America are treated better!  As I sat and listened two things happened.....First God has put a love in my heart for the people of India.....Second God said to me "Jamaica is too easy for you.  You need to be in India"

As I left the meeting I still had a hundred questions and and I wrestlde with them all night!  After a long night of asking God what I should do I feel asleep in the early dawn!  When our alarm went off I woke with peace in my heart that only God could put there!  So with all this said I will be board a plane for India on November 2nd and will return on November 13th.  I have no idea as to what God has in store but I am so up for the journey!

I am going to use this blog to write what God is doing in my life!  Not so much for me but to testify to His wonderful love, grace and mercy as He takes me to places I could never imagine going!  I am so excited to see where it will all end up!

To God be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. Amen Gretchen! Let me know about fund raising...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you Gretchen! India is an interesting place. A friend from our church has made a visit or two ministering there and helping women set up sewing businesses. We also have a cousin who has East-West Ministries that serves in parts of India. I will be praying for you that you will continue to hear God's voice in the next steps. Linda

    ReplyDelete